With the current economic situation and societal unrest in Nigeria. Obviously, so many people are quite unhappy and dissatisfied with life. A lot of people just find succor on social media. As a result, there is evident increase in crime rate, more unemployment, companies folding up, businesses shutting down, loss of lives and properties, etc. Despite all this, I have learned some secret tips to staying happy and motivated during tough times and I’m going to share them with you as you read-on.
I will be very sincere with you, it has not been easy staying consistent as a blogger… I mean; if brands are struggling to stay afloat, they are hardly willing to spare for blogger collaborations. Also, having a full-time job while I’m blogging has also been tough… there are some very ridiculous conditions of service that I have to deal with that make me more determined to ensure I eventually quit the 8-5 work-life… seriously.
I’ll start by sharing my story to show you that you are not alone…
I’m a woman of many passions and talents and I intend to turn them into an empire. Growing up, I thought I’d eventually be a successful model or actress (I believe it is still possible though). I also nursed great dreams of going into music. Yes. I write songs… I have more than fifty written songs… un-sung and un-produced.
Now that I’m a woman, some of those dreams have faded. I have let them go to give way to new ones. However, it is quite disheartening to feel like I may never actualize these new ones… Sometimes, I feel like I am so unlucky… I feel like life hasn’t been fair with my goals and ambitions. I feel like I have been dealt a different path or cause than I need or require to exist. Thoughts like this had often made it difficult for me to stay happy and motivated. At a point itfelt like I was constantly facing tough times.
So you see that despite all the happiness that I exude, I have a lot that I’m battling with…
But guess what?
I’m hopeful! I haven’t lost faith… I believe that everything and anything is possible.
I know that God can make my dreams come through, just like He did for Abraham and Sarah, even in their old age… (though I pray mine comes sooner)
So, while I wait for my dreams to come through, this is how I stay motivated, and these tips have worked… the fact that I’m here writing this post is evidence that they work.
How To Stay Happy & Motivated During Hard Times
- Prayers: The role of prayers in one’s life cannot be over-emphasized. It is important to note that, while we pray, God’s preference is to lead us in the way that we should go. So if your request is not in sync with his plan for your life, he may lead you through another path. I say this because a lot of times we lose faith, believing that God did not hear us or stuff like that. Just ask God to lead you and take control. Ask him to feel your life with happiness and joy unspeakable. This will help you stay happy, even if you don’t see what you want to see. Remember, his desires and plans precede yours and mine.
- Stay Positive: To help me stay happy and motivated, I try to keep my mind positive. I make sure I talk to people who are positive about my concerns. Just in case you are asking, “How do I know if someone is positive?” You’ll know them from how they talk and their mindset. I also follow lots of motivational speakers and positive quotes sites on social media like @positivequotes and @dailygodprenuers.
- Listen to Gospel & Motivational Songs: I don’t think tough times are the best times to listen to songs about killing, shooting, sex, etc. You will be lost. Songs that instigate negative thoughts can only produce negative reactions. Suicidal thoughts, hate, lust, etc can only be ignited by constantly feeling your mind with music that promotes such… For me, if it is not gospel, inspirational or motivational, I don’t listen to or sing it.
- Keep Negative News Away: I know this is not easy, sometimes, you can’t even control the news you hear, but I mean consciously staying away from watching news stations that mostly talk about all the terrible things happening in the world. This is just like taking a break from carbs when you are on a diet or trying to lose weight. You want to detoxify. Feed your mind with messages or motivational speeches by preachers and speakers alike.
- Get Acquainted With People Who Motivate You: Get to know people who motivate you. Before, all we had was books and Wikipedia, but now, Social Media has made it so easy to get to know people you might never even meet in a lifetime. Imagine knowing what makes Tara Durutoye, Toke Makinwa, and Mo Abudu tick. Through their posts and captions, you are daily learning about their mindset, who they are, why they have become who they are, etc. So just go ahead and follow as many people who motivate you as can.
- Surround Yourself With Loved Ones: Now it is important to note that sometimes, your loved ones might not necessarily motivate you, especially if they are not interested or like what you want to do or who you want to become. So, you need to surround yourself with them, mostly when they are quite supportive. Contrary to that, you may need to keep them in the dark or stay away till you achieve your goals. In this case, let your success speak for you.
I don’t know what you may be going through now, but I’m certain these foolproof tips will definitely get you through.
When times are hard, you need to stay sane, and without your sanity, it is hard, if not impossible to live hapilly. People need to learn the tips to staying happy and motivated during tough times. There are so many depressed people in the world today who, if care is not taken will let it take over their lives. By sharing this post, I hope my experience will help someone today.
I hope this post has helped you today… Kindly share this to help someone out today.