In recent times, blogging seem to has become the newest cool thing after social networking. many people have dabbled into it without proper self diagnostics to ascertain if it was venture worth taking on or not. Sometimes, I wonder why people do what they do. Is it because everyone is doing it or because you need to do it.
This and more are the reasons why I decided to do a post on basic things every aspiring blogger should know before you make up your mind about blogging.
- Blogging is something borne out of a passion/desire to share an aspect of one’s life to the public. If you don’t have the passion, you can’t blog. You may start, but you may not sustain or maintain it.
- You must be focused. What do you want your blog to be about? Have a direction, your blog’s focus is what will determine the kind of visitors and traffic you’ll have.
- You should at least have the basic microsoft skills and the ability to navigate the internet.
- You MUST have the tools…at least a laptop. I don’t think you can be a successful blogger if you’ll be blogging from business centers.
- You must have the time. Blogging demands at least 5 hours of your time daily. Except you are a full time blogger, it doesn’t have to be on a stretch.
- You must be patient! This is like the ultimate one. It can be frustrating, from finding the right platform for your blog to designing, registering a domain, getting traffic, getting people to like and follow your blog, etc. I’ve been blogging for three years now, but I’ve been most consistent this year (I opened this one this year).
- Consistency. This is one very key part of blogging. The moment you go dormant for a while, so does your visitors/followers. Once they get used to your not posting new posts, they start losing interest in your blog. Next, they stop visiting.