Isn’t it amazing how expensive beauty has become? From makeup to skincare: not to mention, hair. I know so many pay through their nose to look beautiful, while a few others who can’t afford just look untidy and unkempt.
I have a suggestion on how to reduce the cost of beauty. Most of them basically DIY hacks or something you can get family and friends to help you out.
10 THINGS YOU CAN DO TO REDUCE YOUR BEAUTY COST
- Do your pedicure and manicure by yourself. Find out what you need, buy them, and do it yourself. Let go of unnecessary, expensive, and continuous fixing of nails, they are in more ways harmful to the nails than they look fabulous on you. But if you really love it, consider trying out stick-on or ready-made nails that you can DIY.
- Retouch your hair by yourself.
- Loose your hair at home by yourself or get some family members or friends to help out.
- Wash your hair yourself.
- Replace human hair with synthetic ones… if you don’t mind. OR buy the hair (no matter the type) and make a wig of it at home.
- Blow-drying and tonguing of hair can be done comfortably at home if you save up money to buy the tools. Just let go of the expensive hairstyle for some months, you’ll be able to buy most of these things to use at home anytime you want.
- Find Budget-friendly substitutes for the products and services you love. Sometimes, you may not get the best quality with cheaper options, however, I know that expensive does not always mean you will get the best.
- This is hard, but you may be forced to avoid trendy products if you want to stick with budget-friendly products. Remember, “not trendy” does not equate to low quality, some brands gain popularity due to their effective marketing campaigns.
- Do your research. Ask questions. That is how you find cheaper substitutes for the products and services you love.
- Be content with such things as ye have. This is the ultimate of them all. I’m not saying be content with messy and tacky nails (for example), but appreciate the things you have and let go of the ones you can’t.
The point of this post is to remind you that you don’t have to break the bank to look good. Though money is a huge factor to how much you can get when it comes to beauty, but you can always reduce the cost of the products and services you love.