The inspiration for this post came to me while I was scrubbing my foot one day in the bathroom, it’s been over 3 months and I can’t fathom why it took me so long to write this post. Now that I’m here, let’s check it out.
1. A Facial Scrub: Beauty gurus never over-emphasize the importance of the scrub. There are even full-body scrubs. The scrub is essential for exfoliation of the skin, be it on the face, hand, or leg. The face is most important (to me) because it is the first part of my body that people get acquainted with…it is like my selling point, my trademark. If I don’t take care of it, who will? Exfoliation is the removal of dead skin from the skin’s surface. Without constant/proper exfoliation, these dead (dry) skins begin to build up, hence blocking the pores of the skin, which eventually result in acne and other skin blemishes. I’m presently using Nature’s Bounty Papaya Scrub.
2. Facial mask: Some people like to go with one. Either a scrub or mask, but I use the two on different days in a week. I love my mask because it contains lemon and AHA (Alpha-Hydroxy Fruit Acid). Research has proven that lemon is the friend of light-skinned ladies…be you white or black. It loves us. I use St. Moritz Lemon Peel Off Mask.
3. Facial cream: Some use moisturizers, but I use this Anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial cream on my face called BG Cream ( see Those Little Creams That Keep Our Faces Glowing). I also use the Face Facts Day and Night Face Cream.
4. Foot Scrub: I don’t use a cream, but I definitely can’t do without my manual foot scrub which I use at least once in two weeks, depending on how exposed my feet were during the period. This one saves us from embarrassing cracked heels…it definitely is a “no no” for us beauty-conscious ladies.
5. Pedicure Set: This one is quite vital if you don’t like rough nails and messy cuticles. With this, whether you have on artificial nails or not, your nails will always be on point.
6. Hand cream: If you’re not into stiff, dry, and rough hands, then a hand cream is definitely a must-have for you. I mean, have you ever given someone a handshake and wondered, “What the hell?” So much so that you want to free your hand from his/her grip. Hard labor like farming and washing can over-work the hands and make it hard, but a woman’s gotta do what she’s gotta do. Always apply some cream to your hands after washing them. Hand creams come in handy when you use the restroom at a public place and wash your hand, or after eating in a restaurant, etc.
7. Flattening Iron and Tonguing Iron: For flattening and tonguing your hair at home and on the go. Great for for DIY lovers like me.
8. Hair Dryer: I thank God most ladies are identifying with the relevance of having some of these hair gadgets in the home. In the past, it was as though these tools were only meant for hairstylists in the salon, if you manage to own a dryer, then you are a “big girl”. However, now, most beauty-conscious ladies know that for your hair to always be on point and for you not to have to run to the salon each time your hair shrinks, you’ve got to own one of these tools, if not all. I for one find it more comfortable to wear my weave for some weeks because I always have my flattening machine to straighten those hairs into place.
9. Makeup Bag(s): I feel like I don’t have anything to say except, “What kind of woman doesn’t own a makeup bag?” even if it contains just lip-gloss and white powder (talc). This is definitely not up for deliberation. Every woman, so long as you ain’t gay…as in the male sense, you’ll definitely own a makeup bag/box that suits your beauty needs
Manicure Kit: For some self pamper days or DIY nails at home, this is an essential.
For me, everything here is an essential. I may not have the exact products, but I have most of them: enough to keep me on top of my beauty game. How about you? Which ones are you shopping?